Neck Pain Treatment From Your Cornelius Chiropractor
Neck pain can affect everything you do, making it difficult to perform daily tasks and sleep comfortably. Over time, chronic neck pain can have a negative impact on daily life. As your chiropractor in Lake Norman, Sherrills Ford and Cornelius, we treat neck pain with all natural, gentle chiropractic techniques. Using spinal adjustment, massage therapy, lifestyle advice and stretches and exercises, we help patients manage their pain and avoid injury.
Neck Pain Causes
Neck pain has many causes. Some patients experience neck pain because of injuries, while other patients experience neck pain as a symptom of a chronic condition. Some of the most common conditions that affect patients in Cornelius, Sherrills Ford and Lake Norman include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the muscles and ligaments in the neck develop tiny tears. Whiplash typically occurs when the patient is in a car accident or experiences a trip, fall or personal injury. Whiplash causes pain in the neck, head, back and shoulders, as well as stiffness, insomnia, irritability and blurry vision.
- Poor Ergonomics. Poor ergonomics can put strain on the neck and back, causing pain and stiffness. Over time, ergonomic trouble can lead to chronic pain.
- Poor Mattress. A poor mattress puts strain on the spine and can cause patients to have back and neck pain.
- Text Neck. Text neck is a condition that occurs when patients look down at their mobile devices, putting strain on the vertebrae in the neck.
- Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when a misaligned vertebrae puts pressure on the spinal cord. Subluxations can occur because of lifestyle factors, habitual movements and accidents.
- Cervical Disc Disease. Cervical disc disease is a degenerative disease that affects the discs between the vertebrae in the neck. When the discs break down, this causes stiffness, pain and limited mobility.
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
At Pierce Family Chiropractic, we use a variety of chiropractic treatments to treat our patient's neck pain! Some of the most common techniques we use include:
- Spinal Adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that involves realigning the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spine. Spinal adjustment improves communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which helps the body to function better overall. Spinal adjustments can speed the healing process and reduce patient pain.
- Massage Therapy. Massage therapy is an effective way to improve circulation in damaged parts of the body. Massage therapy can also reduce tension in the muscles, leading to greater mobility and reduced pain.
- Lifestyle Advice. We administer lifestyle advice to patients to help them prevent injury and strain on the muscles and ligaments. For patients who experience chronic pain, lifestyle advice can help them manage their condition. For patients who experience neck pain as a result of an injury, lifestyle advice can help them avoid future injury.
- Physical Therapy. Physical therapy often involves a variety of stretches and exercises that can help reduce inflammation, improve the functioning of the muscles and ligaments and improve mobility and patient strength. Physical therapy is especially helpful for patients who have been recently injured.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Sherrills Ford, Lake Norman and Cornelius
As your chiropractor in Sherrills Ford, Lake Norman and Cornelius, we offer a variety of all-natural, gentle chiropractic techniques to help with your neck pain. Whether you experience neck pain as the result of a chronic condition or because of a recent injury, we can help. To get started, contact us for an appointment at (704) 987-5050.